If you would like to apply to be a designer for The Makeover Room, please read the rules below and then click on the link that will take you to the application.
The Makeover Room is the only monthly event in Second Life dedicated to skins and makeup. This means that customers attending the event are coming specifically to buy what you are selling! There is no competition with clothing designers, hair designers, shoe designers, furniture designers, etc. In addition, we would like to keep the event small and intimate so that customers get a premium shopping experience. It is not about quantity. It is about quality.
The Makeover Room is located in the very heart of the Flawless sim surrounded by twelve main stores. These main stores keep a steady stream of customers coming to the sim. You can find The Makeover Room here.
The Makeover Room Rules:
1. 1 Exclusive item is required in your booth and will be clearly marked.
Exclusive items are items that have never been released by you previously. Recolors of items previously released are allowed and can be counted as your exclusive.
2. Place a LM giver/group joiner in your main store or put it in your picks if you are Marketplace only.
3. Set up between 27th (12:01am) and midnight on the last day of the month. .Event runs from the 1st until the 26th of each month. ****Remember that Flawless is a PG sim! No nipples or privates please!
4. Prim count is 50 and all items must remain in your booth. (If you need more prims, please ask)
5. Make FREE Demos available to potential customers
6. Scripted vendors are permitted. GATCHAS ARE ALLOWED but they must be able to contain a split script since all items must give a 25% commission to TheMakeoverRoom Resident. (Rotating scripts, texture changers or scrollers, and floating texts are not permitted)
**You may place either a group inviter or a subscribo and a LM giver in your area but these will count as part of your 50 prims.
7. Price all skins and makeups between 50 – 300L each. (You may charge more for FATPACKS only if the singles are offered between 50 – 300L) Matching shapes are permitted.
8. All items for sale must be set to give 25% to TheMakeoverRoom Resident. A split script & instructions will be provided. Scripted vendors are allowed as long as they are set to give 25% of the profits to TheMakeoverRoom Resident.
Turn in your Makeover Room Submission prior to each month in which you would like to particpate. If you do not want your items removed, we need to hear from you by the 24th of the month stating that you will be participating. Submission notecards may be turned in without the vendor picture as long as your vendor photos are given to Jolene Carami and emailed to TheMakeoverRoomResident@gmail.com by the end of the month for advertising purposes.
a. Spaces are chosen on a first come first served basis. (place a box with your logo on the space you want)
b. You will be invited to join a group in order to send your items to our bloggers. We ask that you send your items each round or at least choose one blogger to send your items to directly.
10. Failure to participate for 3 months in a row with no communication will result in your removal from the event.
10. Photos of items that you place in the event should be added to the Flickr group.
11. You must advertise your items in your groups and subscribo each month that you participate.
DISCLAIMER: Legally sourced templates and materials may be used to make your skins as long as you make them your own. If your items look like straight templates, they will be removed. Also, any items that are not legally sourced will be removed. Any designer with a DMCA filed against them will be excluded from the event. At any time, I have the right to remove your items if there is any question as to the authenticity of the materials used to make them.
The Makeover Room will be a blogged event and items in the event will be placed on The Makeover Room blog. If you have a favorite skin blogger you would like to invite to participate as a blogger for The Makeover Room, please have them fill out the application form on the blog.
If you have questions or comments, please contact Kira Paderborn!
Designers, please fill out the application here